Improve Your Health By Visiting Our Diettian And Nutritionist in SW Calgary
As a dietitian my goal is to help you make long-lasting and positive changes to your eating habits. Why? Because even the smallest changes can lead to significant improvements in your overall health and sense of self-worth, regardless of any conditions you may be struggling with. Changing what, or even how, you eat can be daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. Sometimes the boost you need comes from a poke in the right direction, something I can help you with.
"Food is not just fuel. Food is about family, food is about community, food is about identity. And we nourish all of those things when we eat well." – Michael Pollan
What I do as a Dietitian
- As Dietitian, I take a client-centered approach to working with people. That means you are in the driver’s seat, you choose the goals, the pace, and the direction we take, while I provide the tools, advice, and science to help bring your goals closer within reach.
- Help you recognize how food and making changes to your current eating habits can be a solution to managing chronic conditions for the long-haul (e.g., high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, and digestive concerns).
- Believe that striking a balance between what your body needs and what you want (intuitive eating for example) is what frees you from the diet culture, leaving your body and mind at piece.
- Support and motivate you with the changes you want to make.
What I don’t do:
- Hand out cookie-cutter meal plans that don’t let you discover your full potential. Meal plan based diets are restrictive, number-focused, and often lead to short-lived successes. Consider embarking on a more explorative journey during which you learn to trust that you are more than capable of making the “right” food choices.
- Rely on quick fixes that require crash dieting.
- Convince people who are on the fence about making change.
Benefits of working with a Dietitian or a holistic nutritionist
- You can get help with disease and food allergy management
- You will receive a tailored and personalized approach to what you need
- You can get answers to questions that are based on the most up-to-date scientific research
- You can identify and work through barriers while being supported.
Working with a Dietitian may make a difference for some of the following:
- General nutrition for adults and children
- Weight management
- Alternative or non-traditional “diets” (following a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle, for example)
- Allergy management
- Digestive concerns: IBS, Celiac’s Disease, Colitis, Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn’s, lactose intolerance etc.
- Physical rehabilitation (whether before or after surgery, or after experiencing physical trauma)
- Sports nutrition
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Heart disease and stroke
- Cancer (preventative nutrition; following diagnosis; throughout/after cancer treatment)
What to expect in your initial consult at Chinook Rehab Centre, Dietitian near you
The first meeting is about setting the stage for our work together: identifying both short-and long-term goals. For me to make a personalized assessment of your unique nutritional needs, I first have to get to know a little about you, your food habits, and your nutrition-related goals. As part of the foundation we will build on, you will learn some of the food basics and hopefully get answers to any burning questions you may already have.
Remember, change takes time. Change is not a straight process, it has many twists and turns, even a few steps backwards. This is normal! Hopefully I can help you find ways to make realistic changes that work for you.
“Success is the sum of small efforts – repeated day-in and day-out.” - Robert Collier
How to become a Dietitian/Nurtitionist https://www.dietitians.ca/Become-a-Dietitian/Education-and-Training